I’d like to first give all honor and glory to God, cause without Him, I wouldn’t be where I’m at today. I’d next like to thank my mama for always being there for me. Yes, I am aware that we haven’t actually won anything and we were only nominated, but that doesn’t stop me from thanking Jesus and my Mama, now does it? Big shout out to the homie and fellow blogger, Leonsp89 at This Great Horrible Journey Called… for nominating us for the Liebster award. What, you ask, is a Liebster award? Great question, because I only just found out today myself. To take the description from Leonsp89 post:
Liebster Awards go to “up and coming” bloggers with less than 200 followers. The origins of this award are unclear and are simply given by fellow award nominees to blogs that inspire them and that they enjoy reading. “Liebster” means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome in German.
Sounds great doesn’t it? I, for one, was not aware that one word could mean so many different things. We truly do appreciate the recognition, even though I admit that I have been slacking on posting, mainly due to a busy schedule (which will get better oh so soon). Here is how this nomination works (again, thanks to Leonsp89 for the info as this is taken from his post).
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog. (Check)
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions given to you.
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate, or you can also re-post your questions.
- Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate, and include links to their blogs. (I’ll try my best, but 11 is a lot).
- Go to each bloggers page and let them know you have nominated them.
So let’s get this going, shall we?
11 Random Facts
- I am finishing up my third and final year of my Internal Medicine residency. Hence, why I haven’t been posting as much lately because I have been studying for my Board Examination in August. After that, I’ll have more time than I’ll know what to do with as a practicing Hospitalist. The light at the end of this dark, damp, dingy, musty tunnel is getting brighter and brighter.
- I am a newlywed. Growing up doing domesticated nigga shit…
- I am a huge fan of video games. Always have been and always will be.
- I love staying active. I ran track in high school and college.
- To piggyback off of number 4 (because coming up with 11 random facts is tough) I also practiced martial arts when I was younger and would love to take MMA classes once I have more time in life.
- I love to make people laugh and have a good time. I truly believe that laughter is the best medicine.
- The musical gene completely skipped over me in my family. Which I believe is for the best, because if God gave me even 20% of the talent my brother has, number 2 would not be listed and likely replaced with “I have multiple lil Tha Docs running around or so these women say. We still waiting to get on Maury.”
- It truly takes a lot for me to get upset. I’ll joke about it, but never really get angry. Don’t know why, I’m just laid back. I did get angry once, but all I remember is this weird green tinge to my skin and then waking up naked in a warehouse in Ohio. Weird indeed.
- My wife and I have three cats and will add two dogs, one of which will be a german shepherd named Kast (after the greatest rap duo ever) who we will buy next year. We will have more pets than children because kids are expensive, pets not so much.
- Forever I Love Atlanta.
- I am Iron Man.
OK, so I didn’t get 11 questions, but I’ll just answer the same questions I saw in Leonsp89’s post.
1. What musical artist are you listening to these days?
It’s alot, but the ones who are in constant rotation are Outkast, Killer Mike, Big K.R.I.T., Erykah Badu, Goodie Mob, UGK, Damian Marley
2. If you could be any animal, what would you be? Why?
Panthro, isn’t it obvious? He was the strongest and smartest Thundercat. Not to mention, he was clearly the black one. (I’d like to state that this question mentions nothing about real or fictional animals, even anthropomorphic cat warriors.)
3. What do you say when your (or someone else’s) kid asks you why the sky is blue?
I look them right in their face and in a serious tone say: “Blue? No, that’s not blue. That’s green. Now the grass, the grass is blue. Trust me, I’m a doctor.” Then I watch them freak out and question everything they were ever taught.
4. Favorite Food?
Collard Greens, specifically my mom’s collard greens. I also enjoy a good steak.
5. If $$ were no object, where would you travel on your next vacation?
Space, not just ordinary space that we have where we can’t do shit. I’m talking about Star Trek space. Warp drives, transporters, aliens, and muthaeffin tribbles.
6. How do you like your eggs?
Scrambled with cheese and Louisiana hot sauce
7. Favorite Reality TV Show?
None. Don’t watch them.
8. What was your very first job?
Worked at Best Buy.
9. What book is on your nightstand right now?
MKSAP (Medical Knowledge Self Assessment Program) 16. I told y’all I was studying for my Boards. You think this is a muthaeffin game? I did recently finish an audiobook of the latest Dan Brown novel, Inferno which I thoroughly enjoyed.
10. What’s your guilty pleasure?
I too enjoy perusing worldstarhiphop, I can’t lie. lol.
11. At what age is your earliest memory?
It was dark, very dark, but comforting. Then next thing I remember a bright light and gloved hands pulling me out into this cold sterile room. Then these same hands that forcefully removed me from my slumber had the nerve to slap me on the ass. I’m sitting there thinking “This nigga..” but then my mother called my name and all was right again.
Blogs I am nominating: So I went into this thinking that I had at least a few blogs to nominate, but then realized that they are all over 200 followers. So with that, I will have to do some exploring around the blogosphere and edit this section in due time. Since I did all this work when I could have been studying, I’m still going to post this. LOL
As always if you enjoy the blog, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram @theintellution.